A cool winter craft.
Looking for a fun winter craft to keep cabin fever at bay? Have fun and recycle when you make this cool toilet paper tube penguin. Thanks FreeKidCrafts.com for the idea.
What You’ll Need:
• Toilet paper tube
• Black and white construction paper
• Orange construction paper
• 2 Wiggly eyes
What You’ll Need to Do:
1. Cover the toilet paper tube with black construction paper.
2. Cut a “tummy” shape out of white construction paper. An oval or a rounded door shape work well.
3. Cut wings from black construction paper (try a teardrop shape).
4. From Orange construction paper, cut out feet and a beak. Feet are flipper shapes (make them long enough that you can fold a flap over at the “ankle” end), a the beak should look like a diamond (so you can fold it in half)
5. Glue the tummy onto the tube.
6. Lightly crease the wings and glue them onto either side of the tummy, with the pointed side down.
7. Glue on the wiggly eyes and beak.
8. Fold a flap at the “ankle” end of the flipper feet, and glue the flaps to the inside of the tube so that the feet stick out in front of the penguin.
9. Cut a piece of black construction paper to fit around the inside of the top of the tube, then cut slits in the paper to make a fringy looking crown and glue the construction paper tube to the inside of the toilet paper tube.